What are you talking about? Allmusic was waaay better than CDnow was. That site wasn't even accurate most of the times I used it. It would have tracks listed incorrectly and everything. Allmusic is the far superior database.

Besides, I was under the impression that Amazon already owned CDnow. Didn't CDnow, as its own company, go under a few years ago? Maybe it was some other company that snatched them up.

With Allmusic.com and the UBL, you don't need many other resources for music. Granted, ever since Artistdirect bought up the Ultimate Band List, it's not been as good, but it's still there.

What do I see in the future? Allmusic will get a lot bigger, and have a pay version of their service. Have any of you been to a bookstore that uses the AMG database? My college bookstore's record section has listening stations set up. They run the AMG database just as it is online, except that for almost everything they have an audio sample. If they offered this online for a fee, I'd gladly pay it. Hopefully they're headed in this direction.

To sum up, CDnow blew. AMG has always rocked.