Ah, I see what ya mean. That's done in For Sale a lot, but generally with posts like, "Um, so nobody wants to buy this used 2 gig MKI that I have?!"

But really, this Dension display seems cool. But there's no way to get the display data out the serial port, right? And it seems like a LOT of data to spit out the serial port. Oh, and can the Dension handle 3 shades of grey?

Haha, I was reading some old thread from 2000 about Tony and Mark hanging out with Hugo and getting a preview of the MKII player. It was mentioned that the empeg could do 256 levels of dimming, but only when Hugo telnetted into the device and set the control manually. With a screen that can do that many levels of dimming, couldn't more shades of grey be available? I mean, I can't imagine needing them at all because the 3 shades really do the trick, but I can't imagine how cool it would be to have like 15 shades.