In reply to:

Two parts caught my attention. The brake cooling system doesn't seem like it would work. The way he explains it, I would think that air would go up the hoses instead of the air pushing water up the hoses.

The pressurised water cooling system he described would work but only if:

1. The 2 hoses that were meant to "suck up" the water were inserted nearly all the way into the jerry can so that the their "open" ends were near the bottom of the jerry can and covered by lots of water.

2. The 5 gallon jerry can he was using was "airtight" when "sealed" with sealant around the 3 hose "holes" he drilled into it (and presumably with the filling/pouring nozzle sealed with a "threaded cap" or similar) and then filled with water so the inrush of air from the dump valve pressurised the jerry can, forcing the water in it out through the only exit - the two hoses with their open ends near the bottom of the can and covered with water.

I do wonder however if the pressurising of the jerry can via the dump valve would cause the "brakes" to apply less quickly as the jerry can could take only so much air before it exploded or else it would hold the air in the air springs long enough so that the brakes acted slowly or not at all.

All I can say about this story, is that if this story turns out to be a hoax [and I think a lot of folks are on the fence on this stories authenticity], then its one hell of a good long "shaggy dog" story - much along the lines of march82003.com or whatever the site is that had the "they are after me" story.

re: JATO bottle being too hot to touch - thats true.

I also note that the story goes quiet on what happened to the other 3 JATO bottles - I doubt they were left around the junkyard afterwards.