p.s.: empeg -- can you send Tony (tfabris) some money for his outstanding un-official support efforts?

Empeg has been kind to me, but if they gave me any money, then my support wouldn't be un-official, would it?

You have to understand that technically, I'm not even a customer of Empeg, Ltd. I didn't buy my Mark 1 from them- I got mine second-hand. So they have no obligation to me at all. Still, they have been really nice in all the dealings I've had with them. Some of my feature requests got implemented just because I made a strong case for them. They've let me try preview software and utilities that haven't been released to the general public. Rob's given me sneak previews of his web sites before the rest of the public. Hugo showed me one of their OEM projects, and I got a hands-on preview of the Mark 2. Hugo didn't even have me whacked when I almost leaked some NDA stuff on the BBS. But even without these perks, my involvement with the Empeg community has been very rewarding in and of itself, and I think it will continue to be.

As far as monetary exchanges, the only thing I ever bought from Empeg was a green faceplate (which I promptly cracked). Rob bought me a carry case (which I promptly broke the zipper on) in exchange for some extra Disney World passes I sent him (which he hasn't had a chance to use yet). I'm afraid that if there were any more exchanges like that, they'd be disastrous, too.