I got an Xbox for Christmas. The only reason I got it was because I mentioned to my parents that one of the games has a Viggen in it (Rallisport Challenge).

I am not really a gamer, but I am hooked. Xbox rocks! I just hooked up the High-Def cable with Toslink, and I am stunned at the graphics even more so than before. So, now that it seems Xbox will be a permanent fixture in my home theatre, I want to max out its potential. And it seems to have great potential.

Right now, I am using an Audiotron to stream MP3s from my server to my stereo. It turns out that the Xbox can do this too with Xbox Media Player. My first issue is getting the binary to this program. Searching on Kazaa turns up nothing of substance.

The other (slight) issue is that doing any extracurricular activites with the Xbox requires a modchip. I have installed plenty of modchips into original Playstations, so this is not a real biggie. The modchip I am most interested in is Cheapmod. Not because I'm cheap, but because it looks like a clean install.

So, has anyone here modded their Xbox? What features are lost? The two features I hear you lose is native DVD playback and Xbox Live support. Anything else that would make me not want to screw around with my new toy? Any opinions of that modchip? Anyone know where to get the binary for the Media Player? Thanks guys!