Michael,

I really appreciate the suggestions. Before I upgrade to B-13 I would like to try and understand what is happening since everything was working before my installer did his upload. Do the bug fixes relate to the problem I am having? I think my installer may have induced some kind of sync problem, or noise on the car power may have glitched the player. From what I have learned of fsck that may be the place to start. I searched for fsck in FAQ and was not able to get much info on where to get or how use it . The EMPEG already has a bunch of MP3's on it (from the previous owner), which exhibit the same problem when I try to play them. I am running Win98 second edition, with no other USB devices connected. I never had a USB connection problem previously.

I am taking it nice and slow since I am not experienced with Linux. I am hoping not to induce more problems than I fix. This is a 39G EMPEG and I believe that the previous owner added a hard drive to a 10G unit. I have not opened up the EMPEG yet to do any hardware inspections. I hope I will not to have to reload the WAVs since that was a time consuming process.

Perhaps you can suggest some more fsck information locations/starting points?

Regards,

Winslow