I'm glad people like the idea. Considering that the people who read this forum aren't the ones who need this application in the first place, I think it has been shown that it's worth doing.

With regard to your suggestions, I have already thought through how to implement every one of them. All of the functionality you mentioned would be included, just in a slightly different form. If you read the original attachment it has a bunch of information about how I was thinking about doing everything. (I've change and fixed a few things since then, but it's pretty similar.) If you'd like I can respond in more detail to your suggestions later, but I need to get some sleep for a job interview now.

The biggest deviation from your suggestions (and it's not that big) is that the config information is saved in a directory called packages that is inside the same directory that JEmplode is installing the applications into. This defaults to /drive0/programs/packages/ and /drive0/programs/ respectively (drive1 is used in some cases). This is of course fully customizable from JEmplode, but is what will happen for 95% of users. The reason that you don't need a different location for a config file is that if an advanced user changes things to a location that JEmplode does not expect, then he is intelligent enough to point it back to the place when he has the info stored. I can go into more detail later.

John