I was thinking about the usage patterns of Empegs in cars (like mine) which are driven by multiple people, and an idea struck me: why not have "user memory" on the Empeg?

The idea is this: lots of high-end cars today have this feature where the car remembers things about a particular driver's configuration: their seat position, mirror position, things like that (some even go totally overboard and remember climate control settings and other stuff). While _my_ car doesn't have any of those nifty memory features, I think it would be useful for my Empeg to be able to remember which playlist I was listening to and where I was positioned in it, since the other people who drive my car have musical tastes which are somewhat different from my own. So when I get in the car and boot up the Empeg, it tells me who it thinks is driving, and if it's not me, I can tell it "no, I'm Dan" and it can pick up where it left off last time I was using it. I would think that 3 such memories would be a good number, since that's typically the number of memories found in cars with memory features.

Now, obviously, there are some potential problems with this; for instance, I don't know how much spare space the Empeg has to play with that could be used for this purpose. And clearly, the UI for it would have to be done carefully (though I do have some thoughts on that). But what do people think of this idea?

-----
Daniel M. Zimmerman
Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB, Red
Mk.1 #00101, 10GB, Blue
Daniel M. Zimmerman Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB Mk.1 #00101, 10GB