Just out of curiosity...

Currently (and probably forever), emplode only transfers mp3s TO the empeg (and not from it). I think everyone here understands that the reason for this is to keep the RIAA from jumping over empeg (and thus halting the project and pissing the rest of us off ).

My question is...

What would empeg do if one of the third party garage-type developers out there developed a way to be able to access the mp3s off of the ethernet in the way they are displayed on the empeg itself (not all garbled n' stuff).

For instance, I could connect to the empeg through ethernet using Windows Networking and access all the songs on it, and copy them off if I wanted to, but in their original format instead of the garbled names.

The reason I ask this is, for my interest anyway, is that it would be really nice to consolidate all my mp3s to one place (the empeg), and then use it as an ethernet harddrive so that my wife and I can play mp3s on our computer without having to copy the mp3s all over the place (basically, play the mp3s using our computers but from the empeg's storage).

I had considered researching and developing something like this when I get an empeg, and I would be happy to share it with others, but only if it didn't disrupt anything with empeg. (I have several ideas on the brain, but nothing I want to comment on if it's gonna get barred up by empeg).

Maybe what I'm asking is... is it okay to do this?

Kureg