Hmmm ... must be a 'tried and true' technique, as this is similar to the one listed in the instruction manual which came with the amplifier. My comment was aimed from a somewhat cynical viewpoint. In my past experiences; if it seems 'easy', it isn't. Though, I must admit, this installation 'fought me tooth and nail' all the way. It sure seemed like my car didn't want the Empeg installed (can't understand why!). However I can now say, that I'm successful, and the new speakers, amp, and empeg sled are mounted in the car. Most everything is put back together, a little worse for the wear in some locations (put screws back in, get to last screw and realise you forgot to put X back into place, pull all screws back out; and I managed to break a plastic piece, trip to dealership!). It's getting dark out, so I guess I'll have to finish during the week (light in the garage just doesn't cut it). Lots of light is requisite when dealing with power connections :) IT JUST SUCKS! I'm SO close to being done just as daylight slips away! Gadz!, it's just like when I was kid, on Christmas eve! I suppose I'll have to console myself by ripping some more CD's to d/l into the empeg. You know, it would be nice if there was a 'space used/space remaining' command in 'emptool'. Yes, I'm a Linux user, and no I'm not a 'zealot'. Anyway, I'm rambling now, so I'll stop. (Not that any of this is even remotely on this particular thread's topic.)