Okay, i FINALLY finished the tuner last night. That Coax situation is hairy man... there has to be a better way. I futzed with that part alone forever.... and it showed today when i plugged the tuner into the car. Green light... *phew*... it works! Empeg recognized it... that's good at least.

Reception is horrible though. When i push in on the coax cable from outside the box, the signal dissappears completely. I've checked and rechecked for shorts between the shield and the inner wire. There has to be a better place to ground the shield to. I'm gonna take the box apart tonight and see if i can find a better way. Anyone else found a better solution for the coax hookup to the board? Any suggestions?

I'm just happy it works at all at this point. I've never built a kit, much less one that "big". Now i just gotta get better reception. As a side note... it seems like the few stations i could get full meter on (on the empeg display) still sounded fuzzy and not really clear. What would cause this?