Once again, after having a passenger screw up my fader, I have to point out that the balance and fader controls are in the wrong place. They should be hidden in a preferences menu, not somewhere easily accidentally selected when trying to do something as basic as change the volume. After all, setting the balance and fader is pretty much a one-time setup operation, not something that needs to adjusted on a regular basis.

I'm sure that it's too late to move it for 2.0, but please consider moving it after that.

I know that your earlier stated reason for putting it there is that customers were used to those controls being in that location, but, honestly, customers are also not used to having thousands of songs instantly available and not used to having a menuing UI, so I don't think that that's a legitimate reason. Many people claim that the empeg will change the way you listen to music. Why should the advanced empeg UI emulate (in this specific case and one other, tuner presets) an obsolete paradigm?