I had really hoped to get the next version out by today, but it wasn't to be.
The DSP's tone generator doesn't appear to work *quite* as advertised, leading to much frustration on my part. Basically the idea of flip-flopping between the 2 tone generators to be able to play multiple tones without completely stopping it each time seems to have a flaw - the part of the DSP that is supposed to allow me to mute one of the generators doesn't appear to actually work for one of them (one mutes, one won't).
Aargh.
This could have been useful - it would have allowed doubling the attack/decay time without any penalty. It would have also allowed an easy way of interuppting a long sine with the next sine as soon as we have taken a measurement, something that would have made the auto stuff quicker.
So I'll probably revert a lot of my recent changes in favour of the old scheme of doing things, ie, one at a time. (After one more sanity check of my code).
But it will have to wait a while. I'm getting on a plane to Singapore in a few hours. I might be able to get online to check the BBS, but I won't be taking the empeg, so no coding. I'll be back a week Friday.