So I have DirecTv at my condo complex, with a dual LNB feeding me and my neighbor. One LNB goes to his place, and the other to mine through our existing wires that used to be for cable. I now want to have tv in two rooms. I have two directv receivers and two access cards, so I should be able to do this.

I live in a place where we have two lines of existing cable for each unit, because our local cable provider still uses "A" and "B", two different wires for cable programming. So basically I have two wires coming in to my place.

So here is my problem: I can't seem to split my lnb so it allows me to watch tv in two different rooms. I even tried a rca d6530 to use both the "A" and the "B" cables, and it gave me a "searching for satellite signal" in both rooms. Currently, I can get all the channels in one room with the "A" cable" and half the channels in the other using the same "A" cable. I think this has something to do with transponders, but I do not know enough to really disect this problem. Maybe my place is wired strangely? Is one of my cables bad? It seems simple enough, split one satellite feed into the two wires I already have.

If anyone can please help me out on what to do, I would appreciate it.