There appears to be a furious arms race going on with random features being added by everybody but Technics to try to justify why you should buy them instead of Technics

...and still real DJ's don't. They swear by "the wheel of steel". Before I bought my Technics, I bought two Numark Pro TT1 turntables. On paper they were the Technics superior in every way : direct driven mechanism, reverse play, 33, 45 & 78 RPM modes and digital RPM counter. They also looked nicer imho. So the store I went to managed to convince me to buy them instead of the trusted Technics even if they were $300 more expensive a piece.
But when I started to used them, something immediately didn't "feel right". Scratching was damn near impossible since the arm wouldn't stay in place, no matter how much weight I put on the damn thing. Cueing was also difficult for the same reason.
So after a week of cursing and swearing out they went, and I got myself two Technics 1210's (which I should have done in the first place). It felt like coming home, and I haven't looked back since.
Sure, other brands might have other models with some fancy features which you'll never use anyway, but still nothing can touch a Technics.

It's for this reason that these turntable ARE the standard in all the clubs and I don't see that changing ever. DJ's can walk into almost any club in the world and they'll know what they will find : two Technics SL1200's and most likely a Rodec or Eclair mixing table.

Of course, all this only really applies when you want to DJ with your records. You clearly don't, so this is all FYI. For what you intend to do with your turntable you might be better off with a Numark which supports 78RPM natively.