Whatever you do, don't bring any meat or meat releated products in to the country with you! [that probably includes pepperoni sticks].

Interesting, I didn't think pepperoni were a risk factor for BSE (Bush Spongiform Encephalopathy or "Mad President Disease"), but I will follow your advice!

Seriously, I am pretty tuned in to that kind of stuff and am lucky to have a pack and stuff that are nearly new. Funny, though, I tend to take a canvas LL Bean "boat bag" on trips for shopping and such. After my friend and I returned from the Monte Carlo Rally, an Agriculture Department beagle went absolutely berserk over the bag because of all the ham sandwiches that had dripped their way into the canvas over the prior week during our car camping. We almost missed our connection.

I really appreciate the prospect of your hospitality! Employment-wise, I probably won't make the call until 3-4 days before the trip (if it happens) and will be in touch either way. I'll start looking at car rentals and such (we slept on the stages a few times in the car at Monte and that worked great WRT getting a good spot).

Thanks!

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.