Morals are personal. However, many of the the choices that people make based on those morals are not.

Ok, what I hear (or see) you saying is that actions affect others and therefore are right or wrong; however, there is no right or wrong when it comes to what drives those actions. I’ll agree that you can’t judge people by what they believe, only their actions (which is why hate-crime legislation is a crock), but since our moral beliefs are what drive our actions, aren’t “bad” actions derived from “bad” morals? To assign something “good” or “bad” implies that it is not personal, but objective. As I said, we can’t punish people for bad morals, but that doesn’t mean we shouldn't try to help people reject them and instead adopt good morals.

As far as the President’s personal life goes, that’s a whole different argument that I don’t want to get into. Suffice to say you and I would have differing opinions.

Edited by FerretBoy (13/03/2003 15:38)