!@#$@!@!... Keeping profanity to a minimum online at least, certainly not in real life.

I just got back from a week in NYC - staying midtown in the Sheraton. Took the empeg, but it spent the entire time safe in it's bag in the room safe. I forgot to bring the remote into the hotel, but figured what the heck since it is in my glove box and who would want a just a strange remote??

Well, the car spent the entire week parked in the Sheraton's garage, and on the way home - 3 hours from manhattan, I decided to pull out the empeg and play it. Slap it in, plays, look for remote a few minutes later and DAMMIT! Its gone... I panic, and think "did I hide it somewhere else?" I stopped at a gas station and searched the car, and my luggage. Then called Sheraton. They will NOT help, as the ticket CLEARLY states "No responsibility for any items left in vehicle".

I am now home, several more hours later, and have thourally searched everything, even though I know it was in the glove box... Its nowhere.

Lesson(S) learned:

1) NEVER leave ANY part of your empeg in your car.
2) Shoulda bought a spare remote like I was going to at the fire sale.

Now, the question - does ANYONE have a spare "real" empeg or riocar remote (V2 or V3) they will part with at anything close to a realistic price? PM me or email me at jbrinker at syr dot edu if you have one you would sell.

Thanks and to all those out there like me who thought, who would even KNOW what that WAS to steal - don't be fooled. Keep your remote safe...

-Jeff