OK, you guys are onto something....

I'm using a GM9-AUX converter. Basically, it allows you to hook anything to the GM factory radio as an AUX input via RCA's. You plug this thing into the back of the stock radio. It has two connectors on it 1) the RCA's for the RioCar and 2) A 9-pin connector for the factory CD changer or "slave" Tape Deck.

Since my truck didn't come with the Tape Deck, this 9-pin thing is being un-used. It's the only connector that would hook into the Tape Deck so it has to provide power and illumination (and stereo out). I called the company to find out what the pin-out was for this connector, but they were not able to help me. He kinda told me which wires were the ACC power and the Main 12 power, and he had a guess at the ground. I might just experiment with the two suggestions he gave me for the power leads (has to be one or the other) and then I'll use chasis ground. The only thing I'm iffy on is whether or not I'll be able to get headlight sense off of this connector. I don't own a multi-tool either. Anyone have any experience in tracking down wires?

Again, the empeg will just be a Source, so it won't need the remote amp turn-on wire so that should simplifiy things "a bit".