Re: Anyone know anything about this thing? [re: bxgurl]
Reply to this postReply

Nice find. I'm reading up on this... see what I can find. My wife has a New Beetle Turbo Sport but it has the Monsoon package... I'm not sure if this works with Monsoon(?).

On a side note: Do you know of a cheap source for extra 6-cd cartridges? I think Pioneer makes them, so maybe a Pioneer branded one would be cheaper than a VW one...?

Mine will too have the monsoon. I'm still pissed about the crappy US color chart. I really would rather have either the speed blue or the red. I'm getting the beige. It's free, so I won't bitch too much. My father will probably drive it more than I will. The worst part is the no magazine CD changer in the armrest. If the bose in dash cd changers are any indicator, these won't accept CD's you burn yourself.

As for a cheaper alternative, since it IS NOT the kind with the little thingies that come out, I have not seen a replacement magazine from any source for less than the $28 VW one. But then again, I didn't look too hard.

"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." -Susan B Anthony