No, I'm new to the group, based in Manhattan.

Ah, sorry, mistaken identity. There was someone from my neck of the woods who was asking me similar questions via e-mail recently. I noticed that your post on this thread was your first and made an assumption.

But, if you're in Manhattan, why would you want a car? Isn't that sort of like an Alaskan wanting a pair of waterskis?

I'll call Crutchfield tomorrow (top tip!).

Hang around on this board a while. Everyone here is full of great tips. But why wait until tomorrow to call Crutchfield? They are open 24 hours (yes, in a row), and the number is toll-free.

Just be careful. The people at Crutchfield are very helpful, courteous, and knowledgeable. They are also non-pushy. It will catch you off-guard and you'll be so impressed that you'll be ordering stuff from them before you realize it.

DSL is awesome - highly recommended. (I can play the large MPEG video real time)

Oh, you suck! Click on my name at the bottom of this post, then scroll down and read all the news items about the troubles I've had trying to get broadband service to my house.

Also...

Note that the video on that site is from a very old release of the Empeg operating system software. The current version (9c) has an even bigger and better selection of visuals, and there are more on the way. That's the beauty of the Empeg: its software is upgradeable via a simple download from the internet. Also, the list of visuals in that video is smaller (and in a different order) than the ones we were giving names to elsewhere in this thread, so don't try to match them up.

Oh, and if you want, you can turn off that line of text at the bottom of the screen so that the visuals run full-screen. The unit's display is quite impressive, even that high-rez video doesn't do it justice. In the video, it looks kind of blurry and washed-out. The Empeg's display is actually very crisp and clear. And the subtleties of the music interacting with the visuals is lost in that movie- the visuals are a lot more impressive in person.

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144