Hehe, I like the starfield visual too.

I had the same reactions as you, although I've had much less chance to actually use it and haven't shown it to anyone but the installers and my parents, but the reaction was great on all parts! One good note about the installers. Yes, they were wary of the computer technical side of the empeg, but they were fully aware that this is the future in car audio. They said something to the effect of "man, this thing is the future! and I'm scared of the future!" To me, that means they recognize the importance of this thing, and they know they are going to have to familiarize themselves with this type of thing in order to do business successfully in the future.

Anyway, they were very impressed, even though I told the guy there wasn't a tuner in it yet. He also thought the new design was very good.

Oh, if anyone else here lives in the DC metro area, I went to a place called Sound Solutions in Chantilly. I took 495 south to 66 west to 50...north? 50 towards Fair Oaks. Then left onto Lee rd and the shopping center is on the right. Here's their website.
The site isn't too impressive but their knowledge is. And you gotta like that batmobile limo...

...oh yeah, empeg rocks!

DiGNAN