In reply to:

If you see other frequencies in AF Debug, then the station you're listening to (claims that it) has more than one frequency. Perhaps your radio station is broken - did you try with different broadcasters? Ideally, unrelated broadcasters - e.g. in Britain I'd compare a BBC station with an independent one.

Well, this is how I understand this, correct me if I am wrong:

The station I am listening to (Radio24) has a number of different frequencies depending on what area of the Country you're in. Consider it is a nation-wide station, so supposedly it broadcasts all over Italy.

All the frequencies available are sent to the empeg as "alternate frequencies" in the RDS signal, so that when you move though the Country the empeg can pick up the strongest frequency, as long as it still is Radio 24 and not any other station.

My point is that in Rome specifically Radio 24 only broadcasts on ONE frequency. When the empeg detetcts a stronger singnal on any of the alternate frequencies, it is actually listening to some other (local, but not only) station that in the area of Rome is occupying that frequency, and that is not Radio24. In other words. it seems to me that the problem consists in bot being able to check whether the station remains the same when switching to an alternate frequency.

To answer your question, yes, I did try with other stations. Consider that the empeg continues to switch to different stations, apparently randomly. I remember four (for the Romans in here, if there's any: Radio 24, Radio Dee Jay, Radio Dimensione Suono, Radio Subasio), but I am quite sure there are more...

Now, propbably I am missing the correct logic behind the AF function, in which case I'm sorry

Edited by taym (16/04/2003 19:12)
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg