I'm trying to stuff a Mk2 unit into a 2000 WS6 TransAm. The installers first attempt yielded an experience where there was a crackling distortion on the front speakers(Infinity Refs) when it approached anything near on the road listening volume but not the back (MB Quart). The amp is a rockford fosgate 400wat thingie. I took it back to have the antenna power lead hooked up and the crackling looked at. They said they needed more tunes of various music to attempt to isolate the problem (I only had one CD on there for the isntall). Also, after hooking up the antenna (in anticipation of the FM tuner) I now get to listen to engine whine noise out of the speakers. For the crackling I thought perhaps the gain was too high on the amp but stuff you'd think would cause distortion does not (heavy bass) and stuff that seems pretty mild does.

So, bottom line, is there an install guide for this unit? A list of precautions I need to address?

The EMPEG works like a charm in the house on AC power and hooked into the home theater.