I think what the original poster is trying to accomplish hasn't exactly been explained fully. I think what he's trying to do is abstract all the functionality of Emplode and JEmplode with SOAP, which sometimes is used like RPC, and isn't always just a wrapper around an XML document. If I'm guessing right, there would be functionality to upload a file, etc. along with the existing functionality of getting a playlist and song details. This would require a lot more than just POST functionality in Hijack, and IMO the extra stuff would just be bloat.

I don't see a need for any additional functionality that JEmplode or Emplode doesn't give us already. What I would like to see is a web interface that works fully in Mozilla, but SOAP will not give us that. SOAP is a good idea for Web Services, but the whole concept of SOAP and Web Services is to provide a common way of accessing data for many different parties, such as a B2B application. This makes it easy for large corporations to buy a software package and make it work with other software packages out of the box (the whole concept of data abstraction). All the software for the Empeg is custom developed anyway, so we really shouldn't need any data abstraction beyond XML.

Summary: No SOAP for you! (unless it gives us something really, really cool that can't be done any other way, which I haven't seen yet)