I have been having problems lately with my IDE cable after I added a second hdd drive several months ago. After numerous operations on my Rio Empeg over these past weeks to glue, tape, or whatever it takes until I get a response from Support. My final operation was yesterday removing the secondary HDD since I gave up on taping, and glueing it down. And finally my Empeg shut itself off while driving today. I quickly park to the side, and shut the engine off to remove the Empeg so no further electrical damage can take place. I removed it and shook it and hear some screw(s) moving about. So I knew something was up and waited until after work to investigate and hoping everything will be okay after I clean the mess inside. I just removed the screw(s) and found out that it all the screws I put in myself weren't tight. The screws I used were from cd-rom drives. The one that fell had only one washer and the other 3 had 2 washers. I'm pretty lucky for now, I am going to use the original factory screws for now on my primary and backup empegs...

Another note, my volume knob is getting loose from over usage -- how can i fix that?