I've got an all-day-drive trip coming up next weekend, and I've already got the routes programmed into GPSapp and all is well.

But I realized something... I still have to print out paper directions and have them ready just in case. The reason? Reliability.

GPSApp still has that bug where it locks up and stops responding to key input after it's been running for a long time. I know this when it happens because I hear the music hiccup once and then the display freezes.

The last trip I took, it happened just two miles short of a critical turn, and I hadn't made the mental connection between the music-skip and the GPSapp lockup. And since I was on a straight freeway at the time (just a straight line on the screen), I didn't notice that the screen wasn't changing and the speed wasn't updating. So I was blithely cruising along at maximum freeway speed when the exit came up. Probably would have kept going straight for another 20 minutes if a nagging thing in the back of my mind hadn't told me that the exit name looked familiar.