I'm at present in the process of encoding the complete works of JS Bach to MP3 for upload to the empeg. We're talking about approx 150 CD:s. Again and again I fell the need for some place to enter additional information for each piece. The ID3v1 tags (=the info screen on the empeg) are so limited. The "Title" tag of course has to contain the name of the movement. In the "Artist" tag I try to squeeze in the Composer name, name of the composition and opus number. In the "Album" tag goes the name of the orchestra and (if there is any space left) the name of the conductor. Now, there is often additional information that would be nice to enter and that a listener would sometimes ask for. For instance the name of the soloists, perhaps name of choir etc.

Using ID3v2 tags, there is a more or less standarized way of entering at least some additional information. There are for instance tags for Conductor, Orchestra, Composer etc. I would really be happy if there was a way to upload and view some of these additional tags on the empeg.

I imagine it couldn't be very difficult to accept additional tags when uploading to the empeg. Now, how to show this info? Couldn't this be implemented as an additional visual. This visual could then be selectable as the one shown when you toggle the CD-MD-CH button and it would then be easy enough to get the extra info when the music is playing.

Comment?

Mark 1 #317 - 20GB blue
Mark 2 #080000217 - 18 GB amber
Mk2 #080000217 - 20+30 GB amber
spare Mk2a 010101934 10 GB blue