All of my CDs are set up as playlists(essentially a giant CD changer),but several other playlists have been created according to many different criteria. When shuffling the entire unit, and coming accross a particular song,I find myself wanting to hear the whole CD. It would be nice to access this playlist with a single keystoke.

You can do this right now. Press the "0" key on the remote control to un-shuffle. It will un-shuffle right around your current song. When that song is done, it'll roll right into the rest of the album that the song came from.

Now here's the "but" part.

Right now there's a bug in this, where you can't control how it un-shuffles. Sometimes it'll unshuffle and drop you into the song's album, as desired. But sometimes it'll drop you into one of those "other" playlists (I have the same layout you have, so I know what you're talking about). I have discussed this problem with one of the programmers, and he seems to be committed to giving us a solution as soon as he can.

The solution I've suggested is as follows:

- In Emplode, order your playlists so that your "Albums" come first. Put your other mood/mixture playlists at the end of the sort order.

- Then, when the shuffle algorithm is engaged, it de-dupes the flattened playlist before shuffling. When this de-dupe is performed, it makes the dupes that came first in the list have the priority.

- When you un-shuffle, since the first dupe had priority, it should be one of the ones from your "album" playlists. So when you get dropped back into the un-shuffled playlist, your index point is within an album.

Although I haven't heard from Empeg on this subject for weeks, they sounded quite interested in making it work when I spoke to them about it.

Hello... Mike... John... any word on this?