It's worth making a posting here regarding the support situation.

I took over support from David in the middle of January, working for SonicBlue. Around this time, all the warranties offered with the original and later Riocar players expired, and there was a massive rush of warranty work in February, March and April. We ran out of spares (notably cables) a couple of times, and some of the repairs were pretty difficult ones to sort out. The work was part time, and I rapidly discovered I just was not able to keep up with the work as effectively as David.

In April, SonicBlue was put up for auction and the result was that car player support activites were killed. Period. A number of outstanding repairs were on the books, and there was still a large backlog of emails needing answering, some dating back several months. No excuses for this.

I'm currently working on completely clearing the backlog of email and repairs dating up to the end of the support period, and will continue to do so until it is clear, even if it costs me money to do so.

I am attempting to take it over as a private undertaking, and I am currently setting up a small company to be able to do it. The main delays at the moment relate to the acquisition of a VAT number, which is delaying things.

The intention is still to provide spare parts and do repairs, at relatively low cost. As for email support, I'm not decided as yet.

I am aware that response times have been slow, and for this I apologise. It is difficult to juggle the responsibilities of looking after my family during the day, looking for a job (I've been unemployed for around a year now) and trying to work on support issues. I suspect I have simply over-reached myself.

There will be an announcement soon regarding what will happen as soon as the mechanisms are in place.
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015