I'm not sure I know a good solution to this, but I think that the current Shuffle UI is a little clumsy.

If I'm in non-shuffle mode and I want to play a new playlist in shuffle mode, then I first have to turn on shuffle and then select the new playlist.

If I'm in shuffle mode and I want to play something in non-shuffle mode, then I've first got to turn off shuffle.

The former isn't such a big problem, but I often find myself forgetting and turning on shuffle afterwards, which means I always get to hear the first song first.

The latter is a bigger problem as I never remember to turn off shuffle mode and always have to turn off shuffle mode and then previous a bunch of times.

The problem with both of them, though, is, IMO, that toggling shuffle should occur in tandem with playlist selection.

Here's my suggestion. Normally selecting a new playlist should always turn off shuffle. Except that some playlists can be marked to always shuffle. Holding down the bottom button would provide a ``shuffle this playlist'' option in addition to the options currently provided. (In fact, this could be a toggle or submenu.)

Just my thoughts. Feel free to tear them apart.