During july 4th I went to a cook out and provided the music with my jeep and trusty empeg. However, I forgot to set the tempature warning on. It overheated and the empeg appeared to go dead.

I bought it inside and noticed that it came on under AC power with the adapter and it played just fine. I took it back to the car and it still wouldn't come on , but the amp light came on.

I looked at the wiring harness on the cage and low and behold, those wires were no longer sitting nicely into the metal fittings. I played around a bit with the connectors and I got the empeg to come back on in the car except that it made a awful noise while it was on. An ugly noise like it was screaming in pain.

Needless to say, all the speakers blew with the nasty smell of ozone in the air, so this morning I don't know where to start except to get new speakers from circuit city and then try to resolder that connector.

My dilemna is that I don't know if it was the connectors on the harness of the cage for the empeg or the amp (which could have fused up) which could be destroyed from overheating as well. Any ideas? Is is just a ground wire that needs to be reseated or is my amp gone?