howdy all

I'm a empeg newbie, got a 20gb Mk2a the other day. It's great sitting at home and I've spent several days sorting out music on it how I like it.

It is still a car stereo though, and that's where it needs to go!

I've got a 1993 Nissan Skyline (R32 shape) which has an old Alpine HU running the stock speakers.

I have all sorts of plans for the speakers, an amp, sub(s) and so on, but I'm stuck at this early stage where the sled doesn't fit. :-(

The dash surround is a perfect size for the player and sled, but the mounts behind are not.

Like many japanese cars the stereos (and trays) are held in by two small (<8mm deep) screws on either side. To make things a little more difficult the holes in the mounting bracket are tapered inwards which reduces the space between them even further.

I saw Tony Fabris's Honda Accord install in the gallery which seems to have addressed this to a point, but I can see no way of securely mounting the sled without having screws block the player from sliding in.

The best I have come up with so far is to cut holes in the sled that will take the tapered screw mounts and hold the sled in place by 'squeezing' it.

I don't have a digital camera so I can't illustrate very clearly, sorry!

Has anyone encountered this installing the sled in a japanese car?

Help!

Duncan
NZ