Actually... I'm in St. Louis, or near it... and I've had this stuttering issue too. But mine only seemed to start after I had installed Empire and the files needed for Palantir. Basically when mine does it the song will play slow or just start stuttering completely and no controls will work to allow going to next song or shutoff or anything. I have to pull the player and put it back in and all is OK. I just recently did a drive upgrade (about 2 months ago) but I don't think this is the issue as it never had the problem before the Empire install about a month ago. And I have my player in work with me 8 hours a day on AC power and have never had the problem rear it's ugly head... but never made a connection until this post that it only happened in the car

I have a theory which may be completely whacked but I'll throw it out. I have a 96 Acura with no tinted windows. When I'm in certain areas, the "laser" alert on my radar detector goes off... Well, it is set off by bright sunlight. I have found this out. The sun puts out IR as well as a lot. What I wonder (but have not been able to prove) is that something in the Ir_translate function is being triggered by the sunlight... AS Kansas City and St. Louis are in the same climate. I mean, it's a whacked theory but it seems odd to me that a unit less than 300 miles almost due west from me is also having the same problems...

Just a thought...