So I loaned my car to my dad for the day, and he manages to blow my amp. Seeing as he usualy heads strait for the audiobook playlist, I don't think he blew it out the tradional way. He says it let out a loud pop, and the only thing that was left was bass. The subs and bass amp are working fine, as reported. The 4 channel (Orion XTR 800, IIRC) had two of its three blade fuses blown. I replaced them with my handy spare fuse kit (bought after a very quiet drive to the auto parts store durring one of my upgrades) and it blew another one. I drove home in slience at this point, debating if I should hook the subs back up and listen to Gorilaz.

Once I got home, I of course tried out more fuses, which blew as soon as the amp remote line turned on. I'm out of fuses, so I figure I need to come up with a new plan of attack. Should I take the amp out and take it to a car audio place and have them check it out? What else can I do before resorting to such drastic measures? I've tried it with half of the speakers unplugged, and I suppose I could try unplugging the other two if that might make a difference. Of course, I'm leaving on my 30 hour summer car trip on Tuesday any my car audio budget is about $75 destined for robricc...

Matthew