OK, let me start this off by saying I am a pessimist, at times kind of a sarcastic [censored], and generally not a particularly happy person. But... I just had one of the best weeks of my life and I feel like sharing. I feel like I know a lot of you even though I have never met many of you in person and I don't do blogs or anything like that so you get to listen to me babel for a few moments.

This week was my birthday (turned 27) and so many things came together to make a great week. The empeg crew shared a new alpha version with a few people which didn't include me, but at least I know there is a future for my favorite gadget so kudos to you guys. One of my favorite bands just released a new mini-cd after being in hiding for five years. I just went on a pretty good first date (first in like a year) with a cool girl I met last weekend. I am starting to plan for my first real vacation (to happen July 18th to 25th) since I graduated from college in 98. I am gonna take a week and go visit old friends in LA followed by a trip up the California coast (camping, off roading, photography, etc.) that I have wanted to do for years. I just reached a goal I set last October to lose 20 pounds and get in better shape. Anyway, it has just been an amazing week and I wanted to share with you guys.

Thanks to everyone on this board for providing an amusing diversion for the last few years and being the only board I bother to read on a regular basis. Happy July.

-Mike