The trick (at least with the two I have) is to only use DHCP on the wet11 OR the device attached to it. They won't both receive an address properly via DHCP so you have to give one of them a static. Doesn't seem to matter which and no, this doesn't seem to be documented anywhere.

I've tried this, and with the wet11 set to static ip, I can communicate with my old HP plotter with ethernet, also set to static ip. The empeg, however, won't communicate thru it at all, regardless of the dhcp or static ip address. I'm thinking, since the wet11 never shows any lan activity, it may also be the 10 / 100 mbps problem. I think what I'll do at this point is to leave the wet11 on the plotter and go looking for something better for the empeg.

fyi, I had this setup working perfectly using a Netlux (Atmel) access point on the empeg and a Netlux USB wireless adapter, but that stuff was extremely difficult to set up, requiring me to set my computer's ip to something in the range of the access point, then reset the ap's ip, then reset the computer's ip, all to find out that Netlux stuff is strictly compatible with other Netlux stuff only. It seems that the manufacturer implementation of this "standard" has been really horrible. I've had the best luck with Orinoco stuff, but they don't have a cheap bridge like the wet11. Of course, given that this is the third bridge I've bought, I could have gone Orinoco for the same $.

Thanks, tho, at least I have my monster plotter that wanders my house connected wirelessly!