This would be a feature that works like the current bookmarking, but that automatically stores a bookmark to the current playlist (including position) whenever you choose a new playlist. It would store in a temporary spot and save the last five (or whatever) number of playlists that you left. This would be so cool for two reasons:

1. When listening to an audio book and wanting to switch to music you wouldn't have to worry about saving a bookmark first. You could simply drop out and get back when you're ready to start listening to the book again.

2. If you get in a "mood" like I often do where there is an album you're really enjoying, you can bring is up even after having replaced it with something else without having to do the "extra lives in Contra" bit. I know about the longpress, but somtimes I get in a mood where there are a couple different albums I'm listening to a lot, and to be able to bring up the last few I've listented to recently would make the interface that much easier.

I should mention this idea came because of my wife listening to the new Harry Potter on my Empeg. I was showing her how to bookmark her position so we could switch over to listening to music. Her comment: "It won't do that for you?" I gave her a sour look and said something to the effect of "it can't do EVERYTHING for you, it's just a computer." But then I got to thinking and realized that it's actually quite a good idea, if it's dooable.