I don't know what I up and did... All I know is that my empeg says "No Hard Disk Found Contact Support" every time I start it...

Now some people would say, "Well, get a new hard disk" or "Maybe it's a bad cable" but the problem is that I have already replaced the cable 9 months ago... I also have tried multiple hard disks that detect just fine in my PC - with no love on the empeg...

I did notice however that it had become disgustingly slow (as stated in previous posts) to the point where it would take multiple minutes to change tracks... This occured in the past few weeks before it died...

Also, when I pulled it out of the dock today, I literally, burned my hand on the underside... I'm sure that's not good for it...

I honestly can't say weather or not it's something on the inside of the unit that is producing the heat or if the 90+ degree temperature out here the last few days and a car with no AC had anything to do with it...

Although, either way, i'm sure it didn't help anything...

It does seem to run cool inside my house, so i'm leaning towards the sun baking it nice and toasty...

I have tried to put a new hard disk in, and when I try to run the builder software for formating new drives, it can't find my empeg on the normal COM port I used to always connect to it on... I've even tried changing those too!

Help!