One really cool thing for Empeg folks too is that the Rio guys have been very lenient about what is allowed to move from RMML back into jEmplode, so a lot of the features (like Tony's description of non-blocking sync, which RMML has also -- except I haven't yet implemented right-click=>cancel -- definitely doable though) will likely be in the upcoming jEmplodes.

So now finally everyone knows why jEmplode appears to be dead ... I've been ripping it apart to build RMML for the Karma for the past several months. I'm definitely not ditching you guys It's not officially decided exactly which features will move back into jEmplode and which are owned by Rio, but I think it will be really good for both. From what I understand, the eventual goal is that Empeg will run off of the same protocol as the Karma ("protocol2"), which will be nice. Once I get a chance to relax, I'll be piecing jEmplode back together, hopefully faster/better/stronger. Depending on the official rules, I may be able to have jEmplode control both Empeg and Pearl together (perhaps sync between them also) -- it may have to be that you need to buy a Karma and copy the rmml.jar off the player into jEmplode to get around licensing problems. We'll see If Rob and gang feel particularly generous, maybe I'll be allowed to release some other unsanctioned apps I've written on top of the ported Karma libraries.

Another nice thing is that RMML can run as a standalone app or as an applet launching off the Karma (because of timing, Karma may not launch with the applet support, but rather just a downloadable jar -- that remains to be seen). However, this opens up opportunities for a jEmplode applet that can be launched off of Hijack, which several people have asked for.

I think you guys will really be psyched about Karma -- it's pretty awesome ... The new hardware is really slick -- the cradle is clear plastic and backlit so the whole cradle lights up with a cool looking glow.

Anyway -- everyone get your piggy banks ready, because I think you'll definitely be wanting one of these guys.

ms