That convolution filter isn't going to work on the empeg. For those of you who don't want to read through the whole AVS thread, here is a gross simplification of the idea (If I have understood it correctly from my brief skim);

The convolution filter is using a finite impulse response filter to provide eq. One of the side-effects of the FIR is that is can also effect time shifting of it's output. This idea manipulates that effect to provice both equalisation _and_ time shifting on a continuously variable basis across the frequency range. This allows for both frequency-dependant level correction (ie traditional eq) and frequency-dependant phase correction. (phase errors can be introduced by most filters (including crossovers), distance, amps etc).
Obviously both of these can only be done for one sweetspot - a perfect level and phase at one location means non-perfection at another.
Anyway, the method relies on the processing power of modern CPUs to implement many FIR filters using DSP type algorithms. The filters are calculated from a closed loop system using a microphone at the listening spot to provide feedback, and then those calculated filters are run using a separate engine.
The problem is that DSP algorithms are usually highly dependant on floating point math, and these are no exception. And the empegs CPU, aside from being significantly less powerful than P4 or Athlons to begin with, has no floating point hardware. We can emulate floating point mathematics using a library, but it is slow. (Hence the reason why Ogg has only just made it to alpha - the Ogg project relied heavily on floating point math.)
I'll stick to 'simple' RTA. (Thanks for the kick...I've been kinda lazy about it recently.)