Well, I though mine was "excellent", but there were some issues with it. I'm guessing that the "poor" people had more trouble with those issues than I did. I, too, would like to see comments from people who rated their Empeg "poor". What were your issues?

The great thing is that all of those issues (at least the ones I know about) were either a) fixed in the Mk2 design, or b) software-only and have been or will be fixed before the Mk2 ships. Check out my review thread here. I'm pretty sure I spell out just about every issue that most folks have with the unit.

The biggest issue for almost everyone was electronic noise in the outputs due to the floating ground system. That was the first thing fixed on the Mark 2. The second biggest issue was that the radio tuner wasn't very good. That was the second thing fixed on the Mark 2. See a pattern here?...

In fact, out of the 350+ units shipped to customers, only one has ever been returned (to my knowledge... Rob, any updates?). That one was due to an installer who couldn't work out the floating ground issues. And as I said, they fixed that...

Tony Fabris
Empeg #144