Ok this is weird. I looked at the cable and it appeared to not be completely crimped like the above suggestion says so i crimped it further. plug the cables back into both drives, screw the screws in mounting position and then plug the empeg into the wall with the supplied ac adapter, and it works. i am extatic so i go down to my car and try it. it works there too. i turn off the car, turn it back on, everything boots fine. i remove the empeg and insert it back into the bay with the car still running, it works fine. so i am greatly over joyed and trot back to my house to upload some new tunes. i plug the unit in with the ac adapter and attach the usb cable, my computer detects the rio empeg, but no hard disk found contact support. GRRR i go back down to my car and i get the same message. What could the problem be? i mean i tried it like 4 times in the house and like 4 times in the car. everytime it worked perfectly, now it isnt working. only other thing i could think of would be the IDE header but i mean the recrimped cables seemed to have fixed the problem. how do i contact Rob Schofield, i assume he would be the best one to make this baby purr.......AGAIN!