as a car will never go for an hour at full power where as a boat will.

Obviously you've never been in Rob Voisey's Supra!

Make sure you have either a keel cooler or a heat exchanger as putting raw water cooling through a car engine can result in a dead engine pretty damn quick.

This is obvious to you, me, and anyone with any ability, but not to the previous owner of the boat. Which would explain why the plugs on the original engine are rusty. For the time being, we're going to use the radiator that came with the engine, but a heat exchanger will be fitted as soon as we can find a good one.

Once you have your engine connected to jet drive be careful when running it as there is a good chance that the bearings are water lubricated and cooled so stick a hose pipe up its arse to cool it.

Yes, I'd already worked that one out, from reading the documents on the jet drive I found on the web. Not only is the rear bearing water cooled, but it's made of rubber!

We ended up getting the 2.0L DOHC engine, which we picked up yesterday. Today is buying the marine ply and replacing the decking day. Hopefully, we'll have everything running by the end of the week.

pca