I agree, but I just had to point out that it is possible. The math will kill you though.

Well, I survived it (and forgotten - it was 15 years ago)... Let's see, it's 15 degrees of freedom nonlinear fit with just 20 data points. Doable, but slow and requiring good initial guess for parameters.

However, plotting the resulting curve with known frequencies (centroids), Q's (deviations) and gains (amplitudes) should be straightforward, so it should not be too difficult to show approximate shape of the envelope.

All this, of course, assuming we are talking about Gaussians added/substracted to constant response curve (or at least something else easily describable analytically). Needless to say, knowing nothing about DSPs, I don't have a foggiest idea whether they really produce something like this, or something much wildler.

BTW, didn't we already discuss this (graphical feedback was one of my wishes), and somebody said that not enough documentation on DSP algorithms is there to model response function with any accuracy?

Cheers!

Dragi "Bonzi" Raos
Zagreb, Croatia
Q#5196, MkII#80000376, 18GB green
Dragi "Bonzi" Raos Q#5196 MkII #080000376, 18GB green MkIIa #040103247, 60GB blue