Could anyone summarize the highlights from the past 4 or 5 months for me?

Well, I got laid off in late April, but since I *knew* I was getting laid off, I got to sneak off to New Zealand and make like I was working. My boss never called (he knew he was getting laid off, too). In New Zealand, I got to meet Number6. Wouldn't you know? He is *not* a number! He is a human being!

In June I did some car rallies, did not get a job, and did not get *any* software updates for the Empeg.

In July I had to go to a wedding and I stopped in some nether lands along the way. I met Robs S and V and many other handled peoples from far and wide. Some farther, some wider. I got a CD in the nether lands that I carried through Ireland and then all the way home. When I got back to Seattle, I put the CD in my PC and my Empeg exploded. I think, in retrospect, that it must have been an early variant of Blaster.

In August employers refused to answer my many calls, so I drove to the East Coast after putting the pieces of my Empeg back together. I drove too fast, though, and on the 3rd day of my trip as I crossed the line into Massachusetts, my amplifire nearly burst into flames, so i had to perform an emergency ampendectomy in my parents' driveway.

I drove back to Seattle, but on the return trip I got smart and went north through Canada (where it is much cooler) and I drove slower, so I had no problems with my tunes bursting into flames on the return trip.

In Septyember, it seemed like no one wanted to hire me either, but then I got a 911 call from a place where they needed a systems guru like *yesterday* and now it feels like I am all hooked up.

Oh and then I hear the the peopel in Cambridge are putting out this late V3 alpha software. They say that it is just the coolest and that it is *guaranteed* to make your Empeg run like a well-oiled perpetual motion machine. I think I'm gonna check it out!

Zat help?

'Tis the exceptional fellow who lies awake at night thinking of his successes.