FINALLY, I've made the necessary modification to my install to accomodate the face stock-radio faceplate I created. Not wanting to butcher my own, I bought a used (stolen?) Volvo stock radio off EBay and removed the faceplate and buttons carefully. Thought the faceplate is not done yet, I have finally modified the install of my decks to accomodate it.

Here are some pics of how it looks now:

I had to recess the lower of my two decks (the Alpine) to accomodate the ::ahem:: cassette deck on the faceplate. I could NOT figure out how to pull out the darn tabs on the Alpine mounting sleeve, so I finally just dove in and fixed it. A little dremmel action and some incorrect measurements, and I got the deck recessed in the dash JUST where I wanted it.

I'll post some pics just as soon as I finish putting the buttons on the faceplate. The "ultimate in security" will have been worth the wait (waiting for me to get enough time and nerves to mess with it).