Update:

I ordered the MITAH and a Periphial SS2P (two channel RCA splitter). I'll be sending the SS2P back. It only has two sets of RCA inputs. I'll need two sets for each. One set for the empeg and one set for the infinity head unit.

But I did figure out how to get power and ground to the empeg. Here is what I did:

First I plugged the ISO wire adapter (the one with the loose wires) into the female ISO harness that hangs out of the back of the sled.

I disconnected the 6pin din cable from the back of the Infinity headunit (this goes to the seperate amp) and plugged the din end MITAH cable into the amp cable. Then connected the four dangling RCA's from the MITAH to the empeg. The MITAH needs to also send power to the AMP, so I connected the empegs remote amp wire (I think its blue) to the MITAH amp wire. Then I connected the black ground wire to the car chassis.

The factory wire harness (that was plugged into my radio) has holes for about 15 wires. Only 6 wires (in the center) are being used. The rest are empty.

Now, I needed to connect the orange and yellow wires from the back of the sled into this harness. After a little trial an error, if you hold the harness with the big indentation on top, the orange wire connects to the wire on the bottom center left, and the yellow wire connects to the bottom center right.

I put the key in the ignition, the RIO booted and the sound was beautiful. Rear speakers, front speakers, fade front to back and left to right all worked fine.

The final step will be to order a SONY RCA splitter. It has the correct amount of RCA inputs. And go to Radio Shack to get a male 6-pin Din plug, 4 male RCA's, and then reverse engineer the MITAH cable. That way I can connect the Infinity to the Sony RCA splitter.

Since I probably wont get the new splitter till next week...I'll be empeg-less till then.

I also dry fit the sled install in the DIN slot. The Montero has a double-din. I removed the plastic pocket (that also fits wonderfully into my "empty" sled, moved the infinity down and put the sled on top. It almost fit perfectly. I'll have to dremel the console a little to accomadate the small tabs on the edge of the sled. But it should be a breeze.

Adios,

Mike