Well, generally, I'm not one to criticize Empeg personnel - their commitment to support is illustrated by many testimonials I've read, as well as the very presence of almost every Empeg staff member on this very BBS. They don't have to do that, they could just wait for emails, but they are proactive, and respond to many requests and questions, many of which are not even directed at them. In fact I'm sure someone from Empeg will be commenting about this very soon.

Having said all of this, my Empeg experience hasn't been perfect. The wires on my sled were fine. My problem is the AC adaptor plug, which is defective in some way, and this causes my Empeg to always "think" it's on AC power. This means it doesn't respond to the car ignition turning off. I have arranged to send my unit out in the next week or two for repairs. I will report with my experience, which I'm sure will be a prompt and effective repair, given what I've read from others.

I do know that the functional testing and assembly of the units is something Empeg is very concerned about. I think that we have to realize that just as the Empeg software and hardware are "bleeding edge," the company itself is still in "beta" so to speak, and though the quality of the product is by most accounts quite remarkable, you have to think that not every unit will be perfect. I was told that my unit was checked out before it shipped, but I guess the testing didn't expose the defect in my Empeg.

I'm actually glad this bad experience has been posted, because it will provide as good tinder for a frank, open discussion about unit quality, which can have nothing but a positive effect on the company in the long run. Milo, I hope your issues get worked out, and that you can begin to enjoy having your Empeg in your car, where it belongs.

---
MkII 080000554