Cool, so at least I know I'm not the only one seeing it. You're right, it could be an optical illusion just because you can see the approaching intersection better in roadmap.

I've been running into other troubles with roadmap. I tried it again on my lunch break, and it wouldn't stay up. I would start it via the hijack menu, it would blink up on the screen for a couple of seconds, then disappear from the screen except for some pixels in the lower left corner of the screen. Then the keyboard inputs would be all wonky and I would have to reboot the player. Sometimes it would stay up on the screen but then all the keyboard input wouldn't work right (left-right went to the player instead of to gpsapp).

I wonder if it was crashing out, and that's the symptom.

I tried increasing my reservecache from 48 to 64, and it seems to run, but keyboard input is still wonky (top and bottom button don't work but left-right do work).

Does this thing try to load every single map into memory at once? I've got CA, NV, OR, and WA on the thing right now. Would it work better if I deleted some of them?